When it comes to hosting your home – the number one thing hosts should have in place is a safety kit.
Most hosts think first aid kits are suitable to cover any issues, yet are troubled to find out this is not enough.
It is advantageous to have the following safety features in your home at all times:
- Home Safety Guide – this should be located in an easy to find location and should outline the safety features of your home.
Fire Extinguisher & Fire Blanket – these should be located next to each other in an easy to find location that has been outlined in the home safety guide.
- First Aid Kit – Ensure your first aid kit has all key supplies replenished if any items are used (e.g. band aids). Furthermore ensure this is located in an easy to find location such as a draw that is easily accessible and is outlined in your home safety guide.
- Smoke Detector & Carbon Monoxide Detector - Whilst most homes have a smoke detector many homes do not have a carbon monoxide detector. It is of equal importance to have both detectors. Furthermore it is vital to ensure all batteries are charged to ensure your detectors work in case of emergency.
- Fire Exit Plan – In case of a fire guests should have an easy to understand and implement fire exit plan. This should be outlined in your home safety guide and on the back of any exit areas.
- Contact details of nearby emergency services – this can include contact details your local police, hospital, fire brigade, medical center & pharmacy. It is also important to outline the direct emergency number for emergency services.
MadeComfy provides an end-to-end property management service, which means property owners don’t need to do a thing when they hand over their keys. MadeComfy makes the process of earning greater returns from short-term renting effortless, achieving up to 40% more than long-term rentals and self-managed Airbnb listings. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!
Now that you know our thoughts on safety, you might want to know more about hosting your property with us. MadeComfy got you covered. Discover what our home rental management or investment property management can do for you.