Every property investor wants to rent out her home fast, maximise occupancy and unlock higher yields. Careful planning and knowing how to professionally spruce up your home can help turn your property into an irresistible and marketable home!We have often seen our investment properties near tripling its rental returns after our styling make-over. So what are the secrets, you may ask? The secret lies with the talents behind the process! To understand what goes into the transformation, I have followed and interviewed MadeComfy's in-house experts, Maria and Marty to bring to you the fascinating process of how they go about turning our Collaroy home into a delightful short-term accommodation.
This case study comprises of 3 parts:
- Design inspiration and Mood board creation
- Furniture and Artwork sourcing
- Installation and Transformation
The very first step was for Maria and Marty have a chat with the clients, to understand their expectations of the property styling, tastes and preferences, as well as to work out a budget for the proposed designs. The information gathered for our Collaroy project is as follows:
..and a plain master bedroom
Maria and Marty came up with a couple of design briefs, to which the clients passionately selected the following designs as they believed that the style was a good reflection of them.
The Colors: Neutral palette with soft combination of blue-grey colors
The Fabric: Sheer fabric in sandy taupe, soft grey or white for a relaxed setting
- Earth-tone big comfy sofas in relaxed linen fabrics with plenty of throw pillows.
- Cane or wicker furniture and accessories for indoors or outside
- Distressed timber furniture in limed oak, washed grey and milk paint or dark timber as a contrast
- Large-scale rugs, right-sized art pieces, and a healthy range of textures add to the cozy and sophisticated space.
- Blue and white china and accessories scattered throughout
- Blue an white striped rugs or soft neutral sisal or carpet
Love this mood board design? Tell us your favourite part of this furnishing style!
Be sure to stay tuned for Part Two of this blog, where we continue on this property styling journey and reveal to you how our in-house experts go about sourcing for furnitures and artwork pieces!
Listing your short-term rental listing on different portals such as Airbnb is already difficult, why would you make it extra difficult to invest that much time in furnishing and styling of your holiday home or investment property if MadeComfy can do this for you? MadeComfy takes all the hassle and tress away, so you can focuss on things that really matter.