From a run on standing desks to computer monitors, the wide scale transition of Australian companies pushing office staff to work from home in an effort to 'flatten the curve' is having unexpected effects, with short-term rental accommodation emerging as a key solution for businesses seeking contingency plans to keep key staff safe, healthy and productive.
With travel restrictions limiting tourism demand, short-term rental company MadeComfy has moved to accommodating the needs of corporate clients seeking flexible and private spaces for their employees to self-isolate or continue working, in the event someone in their household becomes sick and the need for individual isolation arises.
In this article we take a look at key benefits of using short-term rentals as work from home contingency spaces over hotels, and some great places that can be booked right now.
5 Benefits of short-term rentals over hotels as a remote working alternative
Short-term rental accommodation has several key benefits over commercial hotels when it comes to self-isolation and remote working for extended periods:
- Fully self-contained units, including kitchens and private laundry facilities that limit the need to regularly go out.
- Many short-term rentals have private outdoor spaces such as balconies, gardens and courtyards, which bring welcome relief during periods of extended stays.
- Better setup for working from home, with some properties having dedicated study or computer friendly desk areas to work from. Internet is included in the price, unlike some hotels which may charge extra for wi-fi access
- More cost-effective for longer term stays.
- Easy self check-in access, usually with a lock box or door code key-less entry. This minimises the risk of spreading infection through human contact. Unlike hotels, short-term rentals will usually have private entrances as opposed to a shared lobby space, which is also a safer alternative when looking to isolate safely.
Top short-term rentals for remote working
Looking for a great space to work remotely? Here's three great MadeComfy managed properties you can book right now:
Luxury Heritage Apartment In The Rocks
Freshly styled, the apartment located in Sydney's Rocks precinct features elegant black tap ware, high-end appliances, marble bench tops, wooden floors and modern furniture. There is also private space to work in a separate study room.
Panoramic harbour views and unbeatable comfort
Work inside or set up your computer on the spacious balcony on sunny days to enjoy unbeatable panoramic views over Sydney Harbour. This stunning two-bedroom apartment is the best Sydney has to offer.
As you walk through and catch a glimpse of the bright blue harbour and the city through the picture windows it simply takes your breath away. Everything you need is provided, and touches like walk-in wardrobes, bathtub and balcony will make your stay even more relaxing.
Stunning Family Escape on the Point With Bay Views
Looking to get away and isolate with the family in style? This three bedroom property in Wellington Point, Queensland is the perfect escape to bunker down away from the crowds in comfort.
A spacious property with everything you need to relax for an extended period while remotely working and enjoying time with the family. Sitting on the balcony you’ll be wowed by the quiet, the deep blue of the water and sunsets over the bush.